Video

Breaking News

“Growing Up, I Had To Beg Friends For Money To Feed” – Tonto Dikeh


Controversial actress Tonto Dikeh reflected on her very frustrating and humble beginning. Most people see Tonto Dikeh as a very proud and rude lady but she is also human so she definitely have a very subtle side and she let that part out on Instagram when advising her fans never to give up their struggle in life.
The light-skinned actress who will be a Mr’s Soon wrote..


“Growing up life was not easy, not after I lost my mom at the age of three. Though I thank my step mom for keeping up with my rudeness and stubbornness. Sometimes, I felt like killing myself but God saw me through that stage in my life and sometimes I sit and ask God why me?
At the age of twenty, I said to myself `I wouldn’t ask my dad for money- I wanted to be independent. I tried traveling to UK but I got refused at Nigerian Embassy, not because my documents were not complete but because I didn’t have the connection to pass through.
University life was so hard for me, handouts I could not afford, I begged from hand to mouth just to eat! Sometimes, I considered going back to my dad but ego and pride wouldn’t let me. Then, all my jeans were Alaba bend-down-select. If the jeans was longer than me I would cut it to my size to make it look rugged! If I asked friends for a favour, before they helped they would ask me to do something for them in return, like cleaning their rooms, or helping with course work”

No comments