Video

Breaking News

How Miley Cyrus Told Her Mom She Loves Women ‘Like I Love Boys’ at 14





Miley Cyrus arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala benefit in New York City on May 4, 2015
Miley Cyrus‘ public rejection of labels may be a newer part of her evolution, but when it comes to who she loves, her openness has been a longstanding thing – and is something she told her mom about at a young age.

“I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age. Everything that’s legal, I’m down with,” Cyrus tells Paper Magazine, in its latest issue on newsstands June 22.



“Yo, I’m down with any adult – anyone over the age of 18 who is down to love me. I don’t relate to being boy or girl, and I don’t have to have my partner relate to boy or girl,” Cyrus says.

The 22-year-old tells the magazine that at just 14 years old, she had spoken to her mother, Tish, about her feelings towards women.

“I remember telling her I admire women in a different way. And she asked me what that meant. And I said, I love them. I love them like I love boys,” says Cyrus.

“And it was so hard for her to understand. She didn’t want me to be judged and she didn’t want me to go to hell. But she believes in me more than she believes in any god. I just asked for her to accept me. And she has.”

No comments